Solar Coops Reduce Cost & Effort to Go Solar
Solar Cooperatives, or "Solar Coops", are proving to be one of the most effective mechanisms for reducing the both cost and effort of going solar.
With a little community cooperation, solar coops can save you thousands of dollars and many hours of effort.
As you might imagine, Solar Coops are now forming in many Communities across the nation.
Benefits of Joining a Solar Coop often include:
- Reduced cost (Savings of 10% to 25%, if not more)
- Free consumer education about Solar Technologies
- Help with Site Evaluation & Solar System Selection
- Choice of one or more Pre-screened Contractors
- Possible access to Low-cost Financing mechanisms
- Assistance with Tax credits, Rebates, and SRECs
- Dramatic reduction in Green-House-Gas Emissions.
Find a Solar Cooperative near you To locate and join an existing Solar Coop in your area, feel free to browse our initial Solar Coop Directorytm, which currently lists just a few Solar Coops in Washington, D.C., Metro area.
Start a new Solar Coop in your community
If you can't find a Solar Coop in your area, please contact us about forming a new coop in your community. We'd love to help you and your neighbors Go Solar.
Subscribe today to Solar Coop Newstm
To receive the latest information about solar coops, the Solar Coop Network, and our various programs, sign-up for our periodic newsletter. We'll try to bring you the latest on solar coops, upcoming events, special invitations, and more.